TalentNZ is a McGuinness Institute project that builds on Sir Paul Callaghan’s vision of making New Zealand ‘a place where talent wants to live’. Sir Paul outlined the reasons why his vision is important in a 20-minute video (see below) at the Institute’s StrategyNZ workshop (held at Te Papa in 2011). The focus of this project is on the ‘how’ – we test Sir Paul’s assumptions and explore ways New Zealanders might turn this vision into reality.
TalentNZ Refresh meeting (19 May 2016)
- ‘A place where talent wants to live‘ Infographic (August 2016)
- Think Piece 25: The changing purpose of tertiary education (May 2016)
- Think Piece 24: Self-aware cities (March 2016)
- Think Piece 23: The Future of Talent: Reflections from the WFS conference
- TalentNZ promotional video (September 2015) This video (below) showcases the journey the TalentNZ project has taken since Sir Paul Callaghan first shared his vision of New Zealand.
Our TalentNZ work programme has been structured around four work-streams – grow, attract, retain and connect. You can see further information regarding each work-stream and work programme here. Our TalentNZ project includes the following work:
- The StrategyNZ: Mapping Our Future workshop (Mar 2011)
- The 2013 TalentNZ Journal (Nov 2013)
- The 2014 TalentNZ national tour (Mar 2014)
- The Menu of Initiatives (Jun 2014)
- The TalentNZ ecosystem illustration (Jun 2014)
- The LocalNZ: Connecting youth committed to local government workshop (Nov 2014)
- The six TalentNZ Worksheets (May 2015)
- The TalentNZ promotional video (Sept 2015)
- The Timeline of significant events in the history of education in New Zealand, 1867-2014 (April 2016)
- TalentNZ think pieces
- TalentNZ videos and playlists
We want to build New Zealand’s talent-based economy. If you want to join us on this journey, please connect with TalentNZ. By connecting you will receive our monthly TalentNZ newsletter which outlines recent developments, research and resources relating to creating a talent-based economy and keeps you informed about upcoming TalentNZ events and presentations. Please also share this link with others who you think may be interested.
Please also use this website as a portal to our other websites, all of which aim to help New Zealand become a place where talent wants to live. Please contact us if you have any questions.